About

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Ridiculuously amazing

I'm behind in posting about Hannah's recent birthday.  I've had thoughts about what to write at times when I've not had the opportunity to write them down.  Then, of course, when I do get the chance to sit and write here, I can't recall "the perfect" thing I had said in my head.  😧

Anyway...

Just as the card reads... she truly is.

 In a blink Hannah is now 19.    

She requested cinnamon rolls for her birthday breakfast.  That's not so out of the ordinary, but she also requested that SHE make them.  It felt so weird to me to not be making breakfast for the girl of honor, but how could I deny her request on her special day?
She made them gluten and dairy free and they were a-mazing!  (As always!)

For a couple of weeks I had been asking her what she wanted to do on her birthday.  Her college quarter had ended so she was free from the stress of finals.  All she wanted to do was skate.  Thankfully, the Lord provided a sunny day.

She discovered longboard dancing and loves it.  She regularly headed to the skate park before or after her classes to put in an hour or two of practice.  It has become her preferred work/out and way to de-stress.



The fairy wings began with our first trip to Maryhill, but currently they make me think of a butterfly. Over the years, (and especially most recently) I've had the chance to witness this girl unfold into a beautiful young woman with character qualities to be equally admired.  She sets her mind to accomplish challenges with determination, perseverance, and self control.  She is witty with a fun sense of  humor and a smile that is contagious.  She is kind and tender-hearted.  She has really great relationships with each of her siblings.

I know that God used the health trials she has experienced (which now have simply been diagnosed as IBS because all other things have been ruled out.) to allow her to be at peace with seeing her limits, extending grace to herself (and now others through empathy) and growing in a deeper faith in God. 

In spite of all the health challenges, Year 18 was full of high points. She got her driver's license, graduated from high school, began college with a declared major of photography, and traveled to California and the East Coast just to name a few. 

Now we look expectantly for the blessings the new year of life will bring.  All I can say is that I am so privileged to call her my daughter and am grateful for the days we get to spend together.  She adds a beautiful facet to our family.

And just for fun I'll share a few of her current favorite things...
Sparkles
Doc Marten's
Longboarding
Art and photography
Wearing dresses
Specialty black coffee
Playing the piano and ukulele


- Carol





No comments:

Post a Comment


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)