About

Sunday, December 10, 2017

It's Christmastime!

Certain things for some people signal the Christmas season is here.  It might be their first sip of egg nog or Black Friday shopping, but for me, it's the annual cookie exchange.  
We have our tree trimmed, the shopping is done and most of the gifts are wrapped, Christmas has been in full swing in our home, but now it really feels like it. 


This was the 7th annual cookie exchange hosted by my friend's daughter.  She has the gift of hospitality and she makes it so festive - with a lovely light appetizer table, tasty beverages, and festive Christmas music.

Mary was THRILLED to have a treat that was gluten free!  

The way cookie exchanges work is each person brings 6 dozen of the same cookie.  
Depending on how many guests there are will determine how many cookies from each platter you can take. You repeat going through the line taking the instructed amount until all the platters are empty and your personal tray is full.  😋

We brought these. "Frosted Peppermint Brownie Cookies".  I found the recipe on Pinterst, of course, and the kids say they are delicious!  

Malory's cookie exchange has just one rule - from scratch (no mixes, no plain chocolate chip, no "no bakes", no meringues, or bars.)  The result is such a beautiful assortment of cookies.




It was a festive and fun afternoon of fellowship!  I brought my camera along to get a few shots so I don't get too rusty.  😏 

How about you?  Is there any particular thing that makes it feel like Christmas to you?

. . . . .

Hannah has inspired me to take up my camera again  She mentioned to me that she is challenging herself to take a photo every day.  I told her how difficult I found the 365 challenge, but she suggested that maybe I found it hard because I had to take a photo of something specific, but she was just proposing taking a photo every day.  She paid me the biggest compliment too.  She said she saw such improvement in my photos while doing the challenge (or because of it.) 
So...maybe I'll try again, but no pressure!




No comments:

Post a Comment


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)