About

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Good-byes are always hard


I am feeling so many emotions currently, but I have absolutely no words for them.  
This girl is my first born.  The one who made me a mom,

the one who taught me so much about myself as I learned about mothering and motherhood.

Parenting is not for the faint of heart.  Sure, there are tons of books giving advice on how to be a good parent.  Some helpful, some not, but each child is a unique creation of the Father so there is not a one-size-fits-all kind of advice.  I learned that the hard way as I leaned heavily on a parenting curriculum because I was so insecure with my inabilities.

Sarah was born early, and I wasn't ready, not that you can really be ready for a life-changing event.
I experienced post-partum depression and felt so inadequate for the task of raising this teeny-tiny baby of mine.
I wish I would have just done what felt natural - hold her more, let her cry less.  I wish I'd known about baby wearing twenty-six year ago.

Sarah has grown to be young woman who is strong and independent and impetuous

and she is fun.

She's always held her own with her brothers.




She's creative and has an eye for detail.  I've always admired that about her.

She's determined too.  
And now determined to begin a new life.  She is moving to Northern California.

We've known this was coming for a while, and yet it's hard to really let it sink in that she won't be just a few miles away.   Our busy schedules often prevented us from getting together regularly,  and now... it's not an option. 

this last weekend, our family helped Sarah load up the U-haul.  

She has moved to Northern California.

happy... sad... apprehensive... melancholy...
Of course, we want only the best for her and hope this new chapter brings her much happiness.  We also pray that when trials arise she will turn to the Lord for guidance, wisdom, and comfort.


Mary found the bright side of things - a little perk when your egg-nog loving sister must clean out the refrigerator.


- Carol

1 comment:

  1. I love you. I miss you terribly but am so thankful I got to spend the time I did have with you and the rest of my family. Love youuu more than the stars in the skies

    ReplyDelete


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)