About

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Family photos

I have really come to enjoy taking family pictures.  It used to stress me out trying to figure out what everyone was going to wear, then I asked a fellow blogger, whose family pictures are always amazing, what her approach was.  She didn't stress over matching or coordinated clothes.  That thought was kind of revolutionary to me.  The more I thought about it, the more I realized that the kids' own personalities shines through more, I think, when I haven't forced the look.  

Recently we were all able to get together, which was crazy to make that happen.  Caleb was willing to drive up, but couldn't arrive until late Saturday night.  He would be available all day Sunday until about 6 pm when he would need to head back to Portland.  Sarah had Saturday off, but would have to work on Sunday until 4 pm.  So - our only window was Sunday between 4 and 6 pm.  We decided to meet Sarah down by her work to make the most of the remaining daylight.  Matt found a great place just a block away. 



You know sometimes the older kids make a fuss about gathering together for photos, but secretly, I think they like it.


Dan was happy to have some shots taken to prove his height since our last shoot.  I really like this background.









and I'm thinkin' we managed to get a shot for our Christmas card this year.









Just across the street was a coffee house...so coffee and cocoas to finish the day.



The weather and late afternoon light were perfect.  I'm really happy with the shots I got. 
And I'm so thankful for the fun we had and the family memories we made all together. 


- Carol





6 comments:

  1. Grandpa LaBoda would be so proud of your photo ability. You make it look so easy and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these SOOOO much!! And I love everyone in them. These are definitely very special and will be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Karen! These are extra special to me. :-) (and we all love YOU too.)

      Delete


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)