About

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Beach combing and coffee

Hellooooo,

I recently found these pictures that I took this last summer, but forgot to post about. 
I had this particular day marked on my calendar for a while, because I am determined!  Jetty Island hosts a "Float Find" day.  They hide glass sea floats in the sand, under drift wood, and in tall beach grass for you to find.  And it's finders-keepers! We went last year, but didn't find any.  I didn't know to make reservations for the ferry so we arrived pretty late into the hunt.


But this year, I made reservations way in advance.   After the craziness of the Seafloat Scramble in Langley last January (you can read about that here ), I was determined to try again this year to see if we could find one.

We scoured the beach.

In our best Nick Cage voices, we'd yell out, "I think I found something" (Thank you, National Treasure.) but...

sea floats we did not find.  Instead we found the bluest of blue summer skies, 

a cute octopus kite

Interesting patterns

and time...
well spent with family.


As we were waiting in a very long line for the ferry to leave the island, an announcement was made that the ferry boat had gotten tangled up in fishing line which completely left the prop inoperable.

Being a super crowded day on the island (because of the float find) they called out the local police department to shuttle everyone by groups of 10's over to the other side.

We don't see police boats too often!

This was a fun day because it was a Saturday, which meant Eric was along on this adventure.  
Whenever Eric is along - coffee is a given! 


We hit this fairly new coffee shop.  I had been there several times before, and it's my favorite!

I ordered a drink called "The Bee's Knees".   
It has lavender syrup, honey, and lemon peel with iced espresso.  It's seriously...THE BEE'S KNEES!

This place has the best coffee vibe... a comfy place to come, have an exceptional cup of joe, hang with friends or study.
I love the lights!





To Hannah's sheer delight, they had a piano out front for anyone to play.


After working together so hard this summer to accomplish some things on our property, it made the day all the sweeter to just be together and have some fun.  I'm learning how to adjust to life with adult children.  They all have their work schedules - some can come along, some can't.  It's all good, just sometimes weird.  I think maybe more so for me, a homeschool mom, because my days have always been spent with them doing school - doing life.  I'm just used to having them around.  I like having them around - so when they aren't... I kinda miss them. 
But I am learning to take the attitude of "I'll take what I can get".  Sarah and Matt had to work that day, but Caleb was up from Portland.  😊

We'll try again next year, we'll see who can come along, and maybe we'll even find a float.

- Carol


1 comment:

  1. I loved this post, Carol! It was definitely one of my favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)