About

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

The Other Day...

There are days when I feel like such a failure as a mom - my patience wears thin, or I don't feel I have interacted with each one in a meaningful way.  Sometimes there is just so much that needs to be done in a day (teaching school subjects, correcting said subjects, cooking, cleaning, you get the idea.) I drop into bed exhausted and yet so much remains undone.  Motherhood is such a balancing act, isn't it?

But the other day - I was "the best mom ever".  I know this because the little girls told me so. 😀
I decided to surprise them with a fun breakfast.  I baked some doughnuts that they could top with sprinkles themselves.


Fried doughnuts are delicious, but I am not a fan of frying.  Truth be told, I am only adequate in the kitchen and the hot spattering oil always seems to get me. (not to mention the mess)  Baked doughnuts, on the other hand, are right up my alley. (a bit healthier and whole lot less messy.)


I made a simple powdered sugar/milk/vanilla icing, and they dipped and sprinkled.  




Green sprinkles, of course, for turtle girl.





The next day I discovered it was National Doughnut Day.  Did you know there was a National Doughnut Day?  Yep, June 2nd!

So...on National Doughnut Day Eric was the "best dad ever".  He brought home doughnuts for dessert.  😍


Score 1 for the parents! 😁

- Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)