About

Friday, April 14, 2017

He is Risen!

Happy, Happy Easter, Friends!

I have found my thoughts drifting to a couple of things all week as I think on the Holy week.

Holy week begins with Palm Sunday - which is recorded as Jesus' triumphant entry into Jerusalem, where throngs of people laid down palm branches in the road as he rode in on a donkey.  They shouted, "Hosanna to the Son of David", praising Him.

However, as the week progressed, they turned on Him demanding that Pilate crucify him.

And I keep thinking...how could the crowds go from one extreme to the next?   How could they adore Him one day, and sentence him to death just four days later?  How fickle they were.  How fickle I am! One minute I am full of faith - completely trusting Him, and another fear, worry, and doubt overcome me.

But God...
God is God.  He never changes.  His love never changes either.  I am thankful that his love for me doesn't change based on my attitude.  His love is completely a gift of grace.  There is nothing I can do to earn it or deserve it.  On the flip side of that is there is nothing I can do to squelch it either.

It's that love that I have also been thinking about this week.
and this too...

"Good Friday was the worst Friday...until Sunday" - Mike Donehey

His is Risen - just as He said!

Happy Easter, Everyone.

 


- Carol







No comments:

Post a Comment


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)