About

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016

Hello,

Between a very full calendar and disagreeable internet, I haven't been able to post much,  I've got a few catch-up posts, but let's start with Thanksgiving...
I hope you had a special and memorable Thanksgiving holiday.   
For the past eighteen years we have celebrated with friends at their home. 
This year there were 28 in attendance.  That's a LOT of food.  And a LOT of dishes!
But there is also plenty of laughter, and games, and sweet conversation. 


Caleb drove up from Portland!  We were so happy that he could be with us.  Last year he wasn't able to make it home, and it just wasn't the same.




It certainly was different this year, with John having passed on earlier this year. (He was 97.)  He was missed!  As the patriarch, he often read a prayer or a poem to the group.  It was always just the perfect thing as it brought all the jovial laughter to a calm, quite, pensive moment - focusing on the Lord all He has done for us.
This year, his wife, Betty read a poem about all there is to be thankful for and then we sang "How Great Thou Art."




This year I feel like I am more keenly aware of all I have to be thankful for.  Eric has been struggling with some health issues that we do not have answers for.  There have been moments where I have let my thoughts go to dark, scary places thinking about what-ifs and what thens.
But...thankfully I serve a God who is in control of all things.  He knows what is best.  He knows what will draw me nearer to Him.

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy - meditate on these things.

Psalm 112:7
He will not be afraid of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.

Isaiah 41:10
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.


- Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)