About

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Some traditions

Hello Again,

A bit more catch up from our holiday weekend. 
I know some would say I'm crazy!  Some would say, "why bother when you have on-line", but Black Friday shopping with my older kids has become such a fun tradition.  
Caleb had to head back down to Portland Thanksgiving night for work the next day, and Matt also had to work so this year it was just Hannah and Dan and me. 


We picked up some friends to join us. The first store we go to opens at 5 am, which is early, but not ridiculously early. They serve free coffee and doughnut holes!  (which makes for a happy Dan!) They are known for their sock sale.  All socks 1/2 off.  That's when I buy all the fun socks for my family along with a few packages of essentials too.  A couple of years ago I bought Christmas socks for everyone and they loved them so much that it has become a new tradition for us.  I find fun ones at the Black Friday sale (trying to remember what everybody already has 😡) and it kick's off (see what I did there? πŸ˜‰) our Christmas season.

The second store we went to had what I needed on my list, but not what Hannah and Dan needed. While our friends and I shopped, Hannah and Dan smelled all the colognes and fragrances - all the while vlogging about it!
They crack me up.  If you want a laugh, check out Hannah's vlog here.

Also - how convenient to have Starbucks inside the stores!  Hannah bought coffees for herself and JoAnna.  When asked for the names for the order, Hannah replied with "Batman and Robin".  The Dynamic Duo of Black Friday.  πŸ˜πŸ’ͺ

While all these shenanigans are happening, at home, littles ones with Eric and taking things slow and easy...until we got home.
This year we had plans to get our tree later that day.





It wasn't raining!  We found one that was just right.



While Daniel sawed, the girls ran around playing hide and seek, we sneaked in a kiss.

but got caught. 






Because of rain, we usually have to let the tree sit in the garage a day or so - so that it drip dries, but this time we didn't have to. 😊 Caleb returned for the weekend, and we spent such a nice Friday night as a family - eating Chex mix, and decorating the tree, and listening to our new Christmas music.


Which I am actually totally loving!

What about you?  Do you have your tree up yet?  Do you have a favorite Christmas tradition?

- Carol









1 comment:

  1. We got our tree Saturday! And finished putting it up and decorating Sunday. :) Hannah mentioned the She & Him Christmas album and I've fallen in love. All the heart eyes! I don't really have a favorite christmas tradition... can I just say the whole month of december? :D

    ReplyDelete


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)