About

Monday, January 4, 2016

Shrinky Dinks

Abbie and I had a little time together the other day, and I discovered 
the positively BEST craft ever.  



First, let it be said, that I am not a craft kind of mom!  It's a conscious effort on my part to "keep calm and craft on".  I don't know why it becomes such a big deal when messes are made.  This from the neat-nick, control-freak, perfectionist.  Gee, I wonder? (God is sanctifying me, if ever so slowly.)
And I tell myself,  Bissell's motto for their Little Green Steam Machine, "Life's messy, clean it up."  It's no big deal.  Or at least it shouldn't be.  

So - anyway - I remember Shrinky Dinks from when I was a kid, but I did not remember how much fun they were.


I helped Abbie by tracing the shapes onto the plastic.  
She did all the drawings. 



I cut them out for her, but she could have easily cut on the black lines that I drew.



This little kit comes with everything needed to make a bracelet and necklace - even the little hole punch.  (Thank you, Caleb!)


3 minutes at 350 is all it takes. (And please, ignore my dirty oven.)



No mess!  No fuss, just plain fun.   Now that's my kind of craft!  We are so buying more Shrinky Dinks!

If you are looking for something fun to do with your young kiddos and they can at least color - then do yourself a favor and buy a box of Shrinky Dinks!  Seriously.

Happy crafting.  ;-)

2 comments:

  1. So fun! A while ago we picked up a royal princess shrinky dink kit at Pottery Barn Kids. Kenley LOVED coloring in the little people and then baking them and putting them in the little stands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the craft mom that I want to be, but I need to face the truth... I am not. BUT Shrinky Dinks to the rescue. :-)

      Delete


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)