About

Friday, January 8, 2016

A note to my readers/followers

So I guess there is a bit of "house-keeping" that needs to be done for this blog.

There are several ways to access this blog - first, you can type in the URL in your search engine. That's great, if you think about it. But it's nice to get a little "tickle" to tell you that there is something new to look at here at Pur et Simple.

You can "follow" me. This allows notifications to come to you that there is a recent post.
I've tried to make it easy for you by allowing several ways to follow. The aqua "buttons" on the side bar - allow you to follow by Bloglovin (+), Google ( g+ ), or e-mail (envelope) or further down on the side bar there is Google Friend Connect. (your Google account).

With that said, below is the notice that I received from Blogger regarding some changes they are making with Google Friend Connect. Not knowing if you follow me by a non-Google account profile, I wanted to give you a head's up in case things get wonky. Hopefully they won't.

In 2011, we announced the retirement of Google Friend Connect for all non-Blogger sites. We made an exception for Blogger to give readers an easy way to follow blogs using a variety of accounts. Yet over time, we’ve seen that most people sign into Friend Connect with a Google Account. So, in an effort to streamline, in the next few weeks we’ll be making some changes that will eventually require readers to have a Google Account to sign into Friend Connect and follow blogs.


As part of this plan, starting the week of January 11, we’ll remove the ability for people with Twitter, Yahoo, Orkut or other OpenId providers to sign in to Google Friend Connect and follow blogs. At the same time, we’ll remove non-Google Account profiles so you may see a decrease in your blog follower count.

Posted by Michael Goddard, Software Engineer

So, I guess the bottom line is that, in order to continue with easy access and notifications, signing up for a Google account and then following me again will be the easiest way for you to see the latest posts and activity on this dear ol' blog. 

For me blogging isn't about the numbers, (I'm no professional blogger!) but, I have to say it is encouraging to see that people follow, and that maybe something I say blesses you or brings a smile to your day.  

Keep on the sunny side and follow along, won't you? 

If you follow via Bloglovin' or e-mail I don't think anything will change for you, but honestly, I am not the techie in this family so don't quote me on that one.  :-)





1 comment:

  1. No worries here, I follow via GFC with a Google account! :) Thank you for the kind comment you left this morning. Have a lovely weekend Carol and a blessed new year!

    ReplyDelete


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)