About

Friday, November 6, 2015

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get

Am I alone or do you ever feel that way too? 
Lately I've been feeling like I just can't keep up, let alone get ahead.  I am sure for some home-keeping and homeschooling are simultaneous, but not for me.  It's either one or the other.  I suppose I should be better at delegating the house chores to the kids.  Don't get me wrong, they do have chores that they are responsible for. Yet it would be the same for them too - either they are doing chores or doing school, but not both at the same time (or probably not done well, anyway.)  Something suffers because some things are left undone.
And extra projects?  

Sometimes, this begins to set anxious feelings in motion.  Feelings of failure and "I should be..."  overwhelm me.  I am not sure why I always feel like everything needs to be done NOW.  
We've been extra busy the last month or so, but I need to remind myself to slow down, take a deep breath, and enjoy the moments.   Memories are made from these moments and I want to make the most of them.
It is such a joy and a privilege that I can stay at home.  I love being with my children, and I love to keep house and make it our home.  I don't want to complain at the work load, but rather relish it because it blesses my family when I take care of them, (everyone appreciates clean clothes and full tummies!) and make our surroundings cozy.
I know that this time with the kids is fleeting, and I have to fight against being distracted by the long To-do list on any given day.   I don't want to miss the moments with the kids - the silly things they say, the funny things they do, and especially taking note of the victories they have as siblings.  
For me, the list-maker, list-checker-offer, schedule type of person this takes a conscious effort!   

Yesterday... we baked cookies!
  
 my lunch maker

 my cookie bakers







These ginger cookies are so good even without the lemon icing.

Even better?  Time well spent! 
. . . . . 

"I will lift up my eyes to the mountains; from where shall my help come?  My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth." - Psalm 121:1-2




No comments:

Post a Comment


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)