About

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Father's Day '15

father
[ ˈfäT͟Hər ]


NOUN
noun: father · plural noun: fathers
  1. a man in relation to his natural child or children.
    synonyms: dad · daddy · pop · pa · dada · papa · old man · patriarch ·
Yes, and so much more!  Fathers are strong and steady.
Dedicated and dutiful. 
Bold and brave. 
Selfless and sensitive.
I am sure much weighs heavy on their hearts about how to best protect, provide, teach and guide those that are entrusted to their care.   Discernment for when to be the quiet listening ear, or the voice of sound advice.  When to apply tough love or gentle grace.   How best to know intimately each unique child.
 
What a blessing it is as one grows into adulthood to be able to call that man Father...
and
Friend.
  
 
This father and his eight blessings.  Each so unique with their gifts and personalities.  Each loved so deeply.  Some call him Daddy, another calls him Papa, still others call him Dad or Pop or Pops. 

So thankful for him and for our own fathers too.

. . . . .

Father's Day also reminds me of the Perfect Father. My heavenly Father.  My Abba Father. He is the Father worthy of my childlike trust and the only one who can satisfy my need for that close, intimate relationship unique to a father with his child. 

He is perfect. He shows me perfect love and loves me perfectly.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)