About

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Coffee's lime-light and my brilliant husband

I need to give coffee its time in the limelight, since I featured tea in my last post and because, after all, I am a coffee snob.

In case you didn't know this already.... 


  • Espresso {coffee with water filtered through - very quickly.  Brew is very strong.}
  • Drip {coffee with water filtered through - slower than espresso.  Brew is not as strong as espresso.}
  • Americano {brewed with equal parts of espresso and water.} 
  • Latte {espresso shots with steamed milk.}
  • Cappuccino {espresso shots with steamed milk & foam with milk/foam in equal portions}.


Lattes are delicious.  Lattes made with creamy, delicious goat milk are marvelous and addicting.
Lately, however, I've been enjoying the understated Americano "with room".  "With room - leaves room for a splash of half & half or goat milk. 

The other day my husband topped my Americano with a sprinkle of nutmeg and cinnamon.
BRILLIANT!  It was just the touch. It gives it a little special flavor without sweetener. 

When I was in college, I used to brew up a pot of coffee with a teaspoon of cinnamon in with the grounds, but I had forgotten just how yummy that was. 

I love it so much that I switched out my salt and pepper shakers so I could have them available for cinnamon and nutmeg.



It's delish.  So, if you are tiring of your regular cup o' joe, switch it up a little and add a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg. 


3 comments:

  1. You may be a snob but I am the coffee expert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know, Mr. Blanchet! (haha)
    Cinnamon and Nutmeg sounds delicious in coffee though :)
    Our family loves cinnamon & sugar on toast... so we've actually got a second pair of salt and pepper shakers we use for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the coffee definitions! I can never get them straight, and half the time I don't know what the differences are. =) But I suppose that really doesn't matter since I don't like coffee. And I do know what the differences are between like black tea, and green tea, etc. So that's good. =D

    ReplyDelete


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)