About

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Ahhhh ~ Summer in Washington

Dan and I picked about 20 lbs.

Love the fresh produce of summer!  Tomorrow I'll be canning close to 50 lbs. of Elberta peaches!  I especially love blueberries and peaches together so I thought I would share a recipe with you.  We like to eat it for breakfast, but would be equally good as a dessert with vanilla ice cream. 

Blueberry Peach Crunch

2 c. oats
1 c. plus 2 Tbsp. Flour (divided)
¾ c. butter, melted
¾ c. brown sugar
1 tsp. Cinnamon
pinch nutmeg
2 peaches, pitted and cut into chunks
2 c. blueberries
3 Tbsp. Sugar
 Preheat oven to 350.  In a bowl, combine oats, ¾ c. flour, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.  Set aside 1 cup of mixture.  Spread remaining crumb mixture in a greased 9” pie plate.  Using fingers, press mixture firmly into bottom and up sides of plate for form a crust.  Place peaches and blueberries in a bowl add remaining flour and sugar.  Pour into shell.  Sprinkle with reserved crumbs and bake 45-50 minutes.

YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)