About

Saturday, May 19, 2018

This ol' blog is collecting quite a bit of dust.  I don't really mean for it to, it's just we have a lot going on that requires me elsewhere - mostly mentally.  

But how could I not pay a little tribute to our third-born who just (ahem, in April) turned 22?


He was able to take the week off from work and head to Portland for some much-needed bro-time.
After that he headed up to the north end of Washington to spend some time with an old buddy that he doesn't get to see too often.  All in all, I think the break away from work and the usual responsibilities of home life, along with time to process the first few months of this year was a real gift to himself.


We missed him, but he planned his schedule perfectly because he was back home on the day of his birthday!
According to Matt, pumpkin pie is completely acceptable in April. ๐Ÿ˜‰  It's his favorite so why not?


I'm really proud of Matt.  He has earned many awards at work for excellence.  He has put his all into his job performance and it shows to the outside looking world.  I am thankful for his work ethic.  Not because I am a bragging parent.  I just really like who he has become.


He isn't one to wear his emotions on his sleeve, but I know he is a thinker.  He has strong convictions, that don't always go along the popular path.  But, he has thought them through and he stands behind them.  I appreciate that.  He would be a good debater.  (not an arguer, but rather just one to present a position and back it up thoughtfully.)   While he isn't quiet, he is an ENFJ (Extroverted - Intuitive - Feeling - Judging) after all, but he does keep his thoughts and emotions to himself, and drawing him out takes time and patience.  I am always so thankful for those times when he is willing to let me in and see things from where he stands - from his side of the world.

I know our time with him at home is limited.  Soon he'll be off on his own, and that is good and as it should be, but why does it pull on my heart strings so much?  Maybe because I fear that time apart will drift us apart.  I don't know.  But for now... he is here and I am so thankful for this "gift of God". 

1 comment:

  1. You referenced Meyers Briggs!!! I’m sooo proud and happy right now!! ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿงก

    ReplyDelete


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)