About

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Some crazy fun

What skater wouldn't love to find some smooth cement to skate on with not a car or pedestrian to worry about?   

So there's this thing called a "garage race".   You have to know someone who knows someone who's on the inside to get the info on when and where.   They are usually impromptu without much notice.  

But guess what?  Eric, Hannah and I recently went to one.   It was kinda far away (an hour)
and it didn't start until 9:30 pm - which by then, I am definitely winding down - but I was intrigued and wanted the challenge of a night time shoot.
I was completely discouraged by my lack of ability and knowledge on how to trouble-shoot to get the lighting I wanted without using a flash, but I'm going to post the pictures I got anyway because it was a super fun night.

Hannah always wears her fairy wings.  You can read about that here.  Most of the skaters now know her as @thatskatefairy.

She was happy with the smooth, clear space to practice some longboard dancing.


He is just happy to skate period.






Hannah initially only planned to practice her longboard dancing, but she went down all six levels and by the look on her face... she is hooked!






These two have such an adventurous spirit.  Me - not so much.  Maybe it comes from being a mom, or maybe I just don't want to get hurt! or maybe God just made me the voice of reason in our marriage 😉 While I may not be an adrenaline junky, I do love to watch them...and take pictures.


- Carol

1 comment:

  1. Such fun!!!!!!!!!! Man I am so missing out on all this now :’(
    But maybe if there’s a race in Cal that dad goes to I can join!

    ReplyDelete


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)