About

Monday, January 23, 2017

A Sunday vibe

Hi Everyone - Happy Monday!

Yesterday I thoroughly enjoyed a lazy Sunday afternoon.  It was SO NICE!

For once, no one had any plans, and we all just kind of chilled.  Matt and Dan were getting over a cold/flu bug so they were content to watch Chuck.  The three little girls happily played Minecraft together, and Hannah, Eric and I watched Jaws.  (Ok, that was just a little stressful.)  To take away the edge of stress I scoped out Pinterest while watching. I guess you could say, it was an afternoon of mindless activity.

I happened upon an intriguing recipe from The View from Great Island.  (Already - she and I are kindred spirits 😉)  It was for Flourless Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. She has made several different versions of this cookie switching out the nut butter and chips, but every version just uses ONLY 5 ingredients! 
Can I just say these are a-mazing?!


The nut butter replaces both the flour and the butter.  Honestly,  for this dairy-free, gluten-free gal, this was music to my ears, but...wasn't convinced my taste buds would sing the same happy tune. 

These are A - mazing!  Delicious! Addicting! and my new FAVORITE!

So - here is the recipe for you because you MUST try! 

1 large egg
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 c. almond butter *
1 c. chocolate chips **
[ 1/2 c. sliced almonds *** ]  

* You can play around with different nut butters - use peanut butter, or cashew butter.
**You can also substitute white chocolate chips or butterscotch or whatever kind you want.
*** This was our tweak that we added.  I am sure you can use chopped walnuts or pecans or macadamia nuts or none at all - 
This is YOUR cookie! 

  • Preheat oven to 350.  
  • Whisk the egg and the sugar together in a bowl. 
  • Blend in the baking soda and nut butter and stir well.  The mixture will thicken as you stir. 
  • Stir in the chocolate chips and the chopped nuts.  The batter will be very moist. 
  • Using a 1-1/2" scoop, scoop out the dough and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet, 2" apart.  The paper helps diffuse the heat to prevent over-browning on the bottom. 
  • Press each ball down lightly to flatten a bit.
  • Bake for about 8-10 minutes until they are just starting to turn golden around the edges.  Don't over-bake.  They will looked puffed, and under-done, but they will settle down and firm up as they cool. (Cashew butter needs another couple of minutes baking time. Bake 11-13 minutes.)
  • Let the cookies cool on the pan for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.  
Not only did I find a new cookie recipe that I love, but a food blogger too.  

Give these a try and tell me what you think.  They are easy-peasy and so so good. 

- Carol 

P.S.  Lest I take the credit... Hannah was the BOSS and made them!  




2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked these, and now I need to make them again with the sliced almonds, great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, yes! These are the best. I agree with you, I don't think I will ever make cookies with flour anymore. Why would I?

      Delete


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)