About

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

10 on 10

10 pictures on the 10th day of the month!
{Document a snapshot of your life and find beauty among the ordinary things in your day!}

I think this is a fun idea, but usually the 10th of the month comes and goes, before I remember, "oh yeah, I should do that 10 on 10 thing".  Anyway, I finally remembered! 

First things first...breakfast.  
I love me some sauteed red bell pepper and onions with my eggs. 

We made snowflakes on our last Funday Monday.  They needed to dry overnight and then we could peel them off the parchment paper.  The peeling off took a long while, but... Ta Da!  Snowflakes.

 While doing school with Ellie, these two got a bee in their bonnet that they needed to vacuum and mop (at the same time!) the whole house.  You GO girls!  Always happy to have the extra help. 😀

Snack time.  Hannah whipped up these No Bakes.  It's so hard to have just one, but they are healthy so there is that!

Most of my day is spent in school time with the kids.  Currently Ellie is using the 10 Days to Multiplication Mastery.  This is a little gem and gets those facts solidified!  Also I'm really liking Spelling You See.

I took a little break from school to try to snap a couple of pictures for the photo challenge. (the prompt was "looking down.")

I couldn't help but smile at the millions of beautiful sparkles in the snow.  Like tiny little diamonds.

For dinner I made a recipe I found on Pinterest called "Jared's General Tso's Chicken".  (tweaked a bit for us, but so delicious!)  I served it with sides of brown rice, steamed carrots, and steamed broccoli.

I looked out my kitchen window to find this amazing moon-rise!  Even though this looks like a full moon, my little Susan Branch calendar says that Thursday is a "wolf moon."  It reflected on the snow and cast such a lovely hue. 

Recently Eric painted downstairs. It's a basement, so years ago I chose a warm-ish color thinking it would make it feel cozy instead of dank and dark.  This time we just went with the color we have throughout the rest of the house (Benjamin Moore Butter Pecan.)  WOWSA.  What a difference.  It looks so nice and clean and bright!
While Matthew and Hannah went to the movies [Passengers, which they say is very well done], and the little girls were all snug in their beds for the night, Eric, Daniel, and I hung some pictures downstairs.


 And that was my day.

Here is the recipe for the "no bakes" if you'd like to try them.

Chocolate No Bake Cookies
2/3 c. maple
1/4 c. oil
5 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. almond butter
1 c. oats
1 tsp. vanilla

In a saucepan over medium heat, combine maple syrup, oil, cocoa powder, and cinnamon.  Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat and stir in almond butter, oats, and vanilla until well blended.  Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper lined cookie sheet or plate and chill in the refrigerator to set ~ about 30 minutes.  Makes approximately 2 dozen.


Even though this "10 on 10" was a simple exercise in documenting my day, it made me more aware of just how blessed I am to be able to be home with the kids just "doing life" with them.

- Carol



1 comment:

  1. Now I am hungry! No bakes were one of my favorite cookies as a kid! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)