About

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

10 on 10

10 on 10  | August 2016 
10 pictures on the 10th day of the month!
{Document a snapshot of your life & find beauty among the ordinary things in your day!}

Here are a few photos of what I've been doing lately. 
Do you remember when Eric spiffed up our bathroom mirror?  I finally got around to painting the vanity and bathroom trim.  I'm loving the fresh look for our tiny bathroom, and super happy because this was on my "to do" list of projects for the summer.  


I know that I've mentioned more than once about there not being much of a summer here this year.  This is how much rain we got in just one night!  The empty tuna can, meant for recycling, was left on the bistro table on the back deck.  2-ish inches of rain.  Thinkin' I need a trip to Cali to warm up and dry off!


But when we do get a warm sunny day, I've been enjoying this smoothie I came up with. 
3 ingredient smoothie
1 can coconut milk - a couple of handfuls of frozen organic mango chunks - a couple of handfuls of organic strawberries.   In the blender, share and enjoy!


A goal of mine is to have Ellie cook in the kitchen more.  She makes delicious scrambled eggs. (She claims that Caleb taught her how.  :-)  Yay for older brothers!)



A friend gave me some plums from her neighbor's tree.  Plum jam is the plan. 


We have one hydrangea bush where the blooms are just so blue.  :-) 
Hydrangeas to me are the epitome of summer and beach cottages.



Because soon we will want warmth radiating from the woodstove...
Eric and Dan spent a full Saturday working together.  Eric cuts, Dan splits, and they repeat.  



Susan Branch is a favorite of mine.  I've been enjoying her latest book, Martha's Vineyard, Isle of Dreams!  (which is actually part 2 of her 3 part life story.)



I'm been reading this book because I want to learn how to make cultured vegetables.  It looks so simple to do and super good for our guts (if you read my daughter's blog then you know we have a few challenges in that department. 


I've been in school planning mode.
Planners are everywhere, and I desperately need one for the new year, but I can't seem to find what I am looking for within my budget. I recently read this article and I laughed out loud because it is so me. (I'm the "melancholy" if you wondered.)
In the meanwhile I will continue to make the lesson plan books for the kids and one for group subjects.    


So these are my ordinary days.  Happy 10th.

~ Carol 

... Linking with these fine blogs

14 comments:

  1. I love the pictures on this post! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I tagged you on my blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That smoothie sounds so good!! What a haul of plums!
    So glad you linked up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamar SB. You should give that smoothie a try, it's delish.

      Delete
  4. Great post. You've been busy. I'd love to check out those books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grantham lynn,
      I just finished the Susan Branch book and LOVED it!
      Thanks for stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hannah,
      You should definitely try the smoothie. It's so good.

      Delete
  6. Such a cute idea to do 10 on 10! Enjoyed seeing what you have been up to. The bathroom turned out great and the smoothie looks delish! I've heard a lot about those books. I need to look for them. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. JFYI, I tried to follow; but every time I push it says error. :(
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jann,
      Thank you for your kind comment and for letting me know you tried to follow. I am sorry that it is broken. I'll look into that. Did you try through Bloglovin' (+) or through Google Friend Connect?

      Delete
  8. I believe ordinary days are the best. I enjoyed reading about yours. Finding the right planner for you can be crucial! I understand how hard it is to find the just right thing after you've already designed it in your head. That happens to me all the time with so many different things!

    ReplyDelete


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)