About

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

plaid and polka dots

This post isn't so much about the progress on our bedroom redo, but rather
the kindness of the Lord to answer prayer. 
 
Today I ventured out to shop for a birthday gift for Matt.  This particular store {which shall remain nameless, since he reads this blog ;-)  } has a home department.  I figured, since I was already there, I would browse to see if I might find some sheets .  I prayed that, if the Lord pleased, that He would provide just the right color at just the right price.
 
100% cotton flannel king size sheets on sale for $25.99
in just the perfect shade of pale teal blue. 
Are you kidding me?
 
And if that wasn't enough, I also found quilted pillow shams
on clearance
Seriously?
 
The Lord brought to mind this duvet cover that I bought several months ago at the Good Will. I was fully intending to take it apart and use it as fabric,
BUT it is the perfect solution for our room. 
Two dollars and fifty cents!


 
I decided to the use the aqua polka dot fabric instead of the navy floral to cover the rocking chair cushion and another small throw pillow for the bed.  

 

Hannah whipped them up for me last night.  She is such a Dear!
 
Not only am I just tickled with how it looks, but I am so blessed by the tender care of the Lord.  Sometimes my faith seems to waiver and falter, and I just need to be reassured.
He meets my every need { I don't mean the sheets, but the sheets too }

Psalm 42: 1 - 2
As the deer pants for the water brooks so my soul thirsts for Thee, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
 
Psalm 107: 8 - 9
Let them give thanks to the Lord for His lovingkindness,
And for His wonders to the sons of men!
For He has satisfied the thirsty soul,
And the hungry soul He has filled with what is good.
 
Psalm 102 ~ titled, "prayer of an overwhelmed saint"
Hear my prayer, O Lord!
And let my cry for help come to Thee
Do not hide thy face from me in the day of my distress;
Incline Thine ear to me;
In the day when I call answer me quickly.
 
Psalm 139:13
For Thou didst form my inward parts;
Thou didst weave me in my mother's womb.
 
Because He made me, He knows every detail about me ~ all my frailties, all my insecurities, all my doubts, all my fears. 
The answered prayer about the sheets was so much more than providing cute bedding and indulging my want for change,
but rather it filled my need to know He is present and He is listening.
 
He alone quenches my thirsty soul.
He revives me by His Word
and
answered prayer.

 

3 comments:

  1. wow that came together so well! great job on it all. =) that's so incredible and fun that God answered your prayer, He has such wonderful taste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All praise be to God! Glad He likes aqua blue too. ;-)

      Delete
  2. What an ADORABLE bed! :D

    ReplyDelete


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)