About

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Just thoughts on a blustery winter afternoon

These words {in part} from the Switch Foot song called This Is Your Life always make me think.
 
Yesterday is a wrinkle on your forehead
Yesterday is a promise that you've broken
Don't close your eyes
Don't close your eyes
 
This is your life and today is all you've got now
And today is all you'll ever have
Don't close your eyes
Don't close your eyes
 
This is your life
Are you who you want to be?
This is your life
Are you who you want to be?

 
This is your life
Is it everything you've dreamed it would be
When the world was younger
And you had everything to lose?
 
 
Have I learned from yesterday's challenges?  Do I still worry? Do I really trust in God's sovereignty?  Do I live fully ~ like I don't have a tomorrow?  Am I who I want to be?  If I am not who I want to be...why not? What are my dreams, my hopes for this life? Am I who I want to be? 

I've concluded that it's not so important what I make of myself, but rather what has God made of me.

What I want to be...
A woman who has learned to trust God fully  ~ in His sovereign plans and His absolute love for me.  Not afraid of what people think of me, not intimidated to have preferences for fear of someone's disapproval.  Willing to try new things, willing to love deeply and sacrificially even though it can hurt.  Content ~ even when dreams don't come to fruition.  And fun. 

Am I who I really WANT to be?  It's a delicate dance of my choices and God's sanctification.
It is in need of constant prayer and constant surrendering.
. . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)