About

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Homemade GAK

The other day, my friend showed me a fun thing her kids had made.
It's called GAK. 
 



It's kind of like play-dough, but better.  It feels slightly wet and slimy, but it doesn't leave your hands feeling that way,

and it stretches.
 


The kids are having such fun playing with it. 
You can use cookie cutters to make shapes, but it slowly morphs into a blob again.
It's not crumbly like Play-dough, and it keeps a long time. 
We keep it in a jar with a screw on cap, but even if you left it out, it wouldn't be ruined.
You can find the recipe and instructions here.  It's super easy to make.  I made only 1/2 recipe because I had only 1 bottle of Elmer' glue. 
We thought orange was the perfect color for autumn.
 
This is a fun sensory activity if you are looking for something fun for your kiddos.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)