About

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Smile at the rain

Summer rains are refreshing.
 
 Here are some fun shots Hannah took of the girls in the rain.
 











I'm not sure which was more fun for them - using the umbrella or playing in the rain drops.
They came in soaked and laughing.

The summer rains are good for the garden, good for the hydrangeas, and good for soul.
Everything outside is washed and refreshed.  I feel refreshed too. 
.  .  .
 
I recently found a vintagy duvet cover at an antique store.  The fabric looks vintage, but the duvet was from Ikea - so there ya go. 
 
$20 - not my usual steal-of-deal from the Good Will, but I couldn't pass it up because I knew I could use it to make the cutest dresses for the girls.   When you figure 3 vintage looking dresses for $20 - well, now you have a pretty good steal-of-a-deal! 

I cut them out today, and I'll begin sewing tomorrow.  It would be fun to have them for Sunday church, but we'll see how it goes.  Sometimes sewing sessions are smooth and easy, other times, not so much. 
. . .
 
I just finished reading Susan Branch's latest book.
What a treat it was to curl up on the couch with a good read with the sound of summer rain in the background.  Talk about relaxing.


This book is about her trip to England to discover all the delights of the English countryside.  She wrote it in journal style, but to the reader.   She is so descriptive.   She made you feel like you were along for the trip, made me want to take a trip of my own. 
Who knows?  Maybe one day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)