About

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Life Lately

A few signs that summer is in full swing. 
 
I have a sea of hydrangeas in the front yard, 
mostly light blue, but a few purple.

 
The green beans, cucumbers and weeds are taking over the garden.
I think we'll be expanding it for next year.  We'll move the right side out about 6'.
 
One of our goats has figured out how to jump over the electric fence, and over the garden fence.  I caught him eating Eric's blueberry bushes.  If only he'd been selective and eaten only the weeds...
He is going away this weekend.  Chevon is delicious, by the way. 
 

Do you recognize this table?  It was the one I was working on here.  I had it listed on Craig's List, but didn't get any bites.  After reading my friend's post on using Annie Sloan chalk paint,  I was inspired to give it a try.  I found a knock-off brand at my local craft store.  It was only $4.50 for a small 4 oz. container, but a little goes a long way. 


I really like the gray.  Had it not been for my friend's charming results, I would not have thought to use gray.  We sort of see a lot of that color naturally here in the Northwest.


Then I started thinking that I wanted to have a little fun.  Aqua is fun.
 

I have a matching coffee table that we use in our family room.  I am in the process of painting it gray too.  Just plain gray, no surprise aqua. 
 
I am enjoying the days of little routine and commitment, the days of sunshine and fun with the kids, lazy afternoons, iced coffee, reading, praying.
Summer is rejuvenating on so many levels! 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the table!! And the aqua. Reminds me of the beach. Great job!

    ReplyDelete


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)