About

Monday, June 9, 2014

More Treasures

It's hard to believe that we have been homeschooling for 17 years.  Over that time we have collected a lot of books!  Some have been required for literature studies, others recommended by homeschooling giants, some are well known classics.
 
As we wrap up this year's studies, I am beginning to plan for next year. I've been combing through my bookshelves to see what resources I already own and can use.  It's so easy to buy a book, put it on the shelf, then forget all about it.

I found these two books on our shelves that I hadn't read before.

 
Have you read them?  The Cay is a thin book - only 105 pages.  It was riveting and I couldn't put it down.  I read it in an afternoon.  I don't want to spoil any of the details for you, but suffice it to say,  it's a great read for the summer.
 
The other book, I am taking more time with.  It's not difficult reading, but it is spiritual in nature and more thought provoking as it relates to my own walk with God.
It's another little gem. 
 
If you run across these books at a used bookstore - you should snatch them up.
You won't be disappointed.  
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)