About

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Friendship

"A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same."
Elbert Hubbard
 
I am very thankful.  I have a handful of friends who know me and love me anyway.
This particular friend has known me longer than I've known my husband.  We met our freshman year of college.  We hit it off right from the start. We are so alike in so many ways, yet our lives couldn't be more different.  I guess that kind of adds to the fun of it.
 
Recently, she sent me an e-mail that began..."What would you think?..."
Her husband needed to go out of town on business.   Flights were pretty cheap. 
What about a super quick visit?
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
I was thrilled at the thought of some fun with my Bestie from Cali.
I was also touched, that with her free time, she'd choose to come and spend it with me.
 
Since she recently celebrated a birthday, I decided it would be so fun to take her out for a birthday lunch ~ like we used to do when we lived close to each other.
We ate a local café called the Crepe Escape.  We shared both a savory and a dessert crepe along with coffee, of course.  
Lunch ~ delicious crepes and coffee ~
 
Browsing in shops along the river front.

Karen is a foodie.  She loves good food and enjoys cooking.   She helped me in the kitchen each meal time.  Even though we prepared simple fare - she was so helpful, so cheerful, and so shocked at how much my little girls can eat!

A selfie in the kitchen.
 
Even though I had to carry on with my family's daily routine, it was so fun to have her here, part of our family for a few short days.  My children adore her and so do I!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you SO much for the wonderful time. I just blogged too... such great memories. I love you and your family so much!!! Miss you already.

    ReplyDelete


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)