About

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

You are my sunshine

I can't help but smile when I hear that song {especially sung by small children!}
 
"You are my sunshine,
My only sunshine.
You make me happy,
When skies are gray.
You'll never know, Dear,
How much I love you,
Please, don't take my sunshine away."



I am honored to have been recently nominated for the Sunshine Award by
I was encouraged to think that my little blog spreads a bit of sunshine and is a bright spot in someone's {your} day.    :-)

In accordance with the nomination, I am to answer the following questions:

1. What would you do on a rainy (but not stormy) day?
   Assuming I lived in a place that didn't rain most of the time... 
   I'd love to curl up in front of the fire with my favorite peeps and watch a good movie.


2. Is there any particular music/song that ever gives you chills from the beauty or inspiration of it?
   Many hymns do that for me, but I also enjoy most anything composed by Hans Zimmer.

3.  Is there anything you feel God has taught you over the past year?
    Just how much I need more of Him and less of me.

4. Favorite sidekick/best friend character from literature?
     Dr. John Watson.

5. Favorite Biblical name?
     Caleb...and Seth.

6. What would you do if you found you had a completely empty day ahead?
     If it were possible, take a scenic drive to the beach in a convertible.

7. What is your favorite book of the Bible?
     Psalms.

8. Do prefer dresses or skirts?
     Skirts, but I really like dresses too.

9. What book are you reading at the moment?
     I just started Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret.

10. If you could own a book store what would the dominating book type be, and what would be its name? (Don't think to hard about it :))
   Classics.     
   The Book Nook. 
   I'd be sure to have a coffee bar, lots of cushy, comfy chairs, and big windows for lots of    
   natural light...and sunshine.

I'd love to hear your answers to the above questions.  You can leave them in the comments, if you like.

Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry I never commented! I have *no* idea what's wrong with me. :) (I remember thinking I was going to comment..)

    Thanks for answering all the questions, it makes it more fun! Your bookstore sounds like the most wonderful shop EVER. And the environment sounds perfect! I must find one like that someday.. :) Your empty and rainy day plans sound fun too.. especially the sunny beach drive! :) And I love Hans Zimmer's music too!

    That's such a good answer to question three, its so true, and so hard sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)