About

Friday, February 7, 2014

Farm Girl Friday

Making lemonade out of lemons...or more aptly put, smiling snowmen out of snow.
 
If you live in a part of the country where winter's cold temperatures seem relentless and never-ending, sometimes it takes a little work to see the sunny side. 
I have had to, on more than one occasion, just count my blessings - and name them one by one.
 
It's our turn, in the Northwest for super cold temperatures and the possibility of snow.   The snow is beautiful and fun, it's the cold temperatures that I'm not a real fan of. 
 
So without further ado here are my top 5 reasons to be happy about ccccold weather.
  • 5.  Sweaters, scarves, and hats are fun to wear.   When living in southern California, Oh, how I longed for sweater weather to arrive. 
  • 4. A hearty, hot soup is one of my favorite things to make and serve.  It seems extra enjoyable on super cold days.  {Beef Stew, Chicken noodle, Minestrone, White Chicken Chili - YUM!}
  • 3.  Coffee, cocoa, whipped cream...need I say more?
  • 2.  I get to snuggle up with my favorite people in the front of a warm, cozy fire.
  • 1.  There are NO bugs.  Not one mosquito, or fly or ant.  NONE!   { It does get the number 1 place because I am really, really thankful for this.}
Our pastor's wife is from Brazil, and she often recounts stories of what it was like to live in hot, sticky, humid weather with bugs and snakes.  She also gently exhorts by reminding us that it is God who is in control of the weather {hot and sticky or cold and snowy} and THIS is the day that the Lord has made - so let us rejoice and be glad in it. 
 

How are you keeping warm?  What's on your blessing list?

Link up and share your thoughts.  Click on the Linky tool below.  Remember to link your post title and not just your home page so that we can find your post easily.




No comments:

Post a Comment


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)