About

Thursday, June 27, 2013

For all of you who have farm critters

On one of my little blogging trips I visited Fresh Eggs Daily.  She had an ad on her sidebar that caught my attention.
Normally, I really don't like ads.  Honestly, they are a bit annoying - adding visual clutter and all vying for my attention, but in this case, I'm really glad she had it.



I discovered Scratch and Peck Feeds. They formulate feed that is organic, non-GMO, and soy-free!!  {Most organic feeds still contain soy.}
Best of all, it's not just for chickens.  They make it for goats too {and a few other farm animals}. This is what we've been looking for!! 
 
And...
They are a local company in Bellingham, Washington.  You can imagine my delight to discover that. There are several ways to buy from them.  Directly from their mill {I was totally willing to make a road trip for this!}, as a farm group buying club, {I might just need to get one started to benefit from the bulk pricing}, or from a local retailer.  Believe it or not, I even found a couple of places that carry it close to me...yep, little ol' out-in-the-sticks me. 

AND...
it only runs about $28 for a 40 lb. bag.  

But wait, there's more...
our goats LOVE it!!  Now, I'm just giddy with glee. 

If you have farm animals, and if you aren't currently using this feed, you've gotta make the switch!   If you would be  interested in joining a farm group bulk buy just e-mail me at carol@hfhco.com.

Remember...you are what you eat eats.

No comments:

Post a Comment


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)