About

Thursday, February 14, 2013

A very special day

Today is special!
 
 
not because of this...{well, my husband IS wonderful, sigh!}
 
Y Y Y
But, because of this...

at 4:59 in the morning, Daniel John arrived.  Our own little Valentine from God. 
{February 14, 2003}
 
 Y
 
 Valentine's Day is a fun day....
 pink hearts and I Love You notes,
 
 
 
Y
a surprise package in the mail from a super special friend

{How cute is that....giant M&M cookies in CD envelopes tied with ribbon and
girl and boy Tootsie pops.} 
 
Y
I usually have a little special Valentine at the breakfast table for everyone,
but the rest of the day, we celebrate Dan.  
 
 
I got this far, but then all but one of the children got sick, then I got sick, so I never did finish anything related to Valentine's Day; somehow, I don't think the children will mind.
 
YYY
 
Birthday traditions in our home:
 
Tradition #1
A birthday chair awaiting them first thing in the morning.

 Tradition #2
Opening presents in the morning, so they have the whole day to enjoy them. 
{I never schedule school on birthdays ~ a definite perk of homeschooling!}
2-14-13 {10}
 

Lego...his fave
 
 
the politically incorrect child....caps for his cap pistol
 
 
Tradition #3
On the 10th birthday...their first pocket knife. 
 

Tradition #4
Their choice for birthday dinner and the kind of dessert. 
This year Dan chose corn dogs for dinner and cheesecake for dessert.
 




 Dan, we pray God will continue to grow you into a Godly man, directing your paths, showing you the truth from His Word, thereby making you strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)