About

Monday, September 10, 2012

Just one pot

I made this the other night and it was so nice to have only 1 pot to clean.  It went together pretty easily with things I usually have on hand and everyone loved it.  (even the more picky discerning eaters.) 

I guess I would call it One Pot Chicken and Rice with Vegetables, because that's what it is.

I don't have a photo for you because, well I didn't think about while making it, and then it just got eaten too fast. 

2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut up (if you are meat eaters - then 8 thighs, if you are "condiment  meat eaters", then 2-4 thighs.)
4 celery stalks, cut into 1" pieces
4 large carrots, cut into 1" pieces
2 c. brown rice (uncooked)
3-1/2 c. water or chicken broth (preferably home made stock)
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper to taste
  • In a stock pot, saute onion, garlic and chicken in olive oil until the chicken is no longer pink.
  • Add celery and carrots and cook for just 2 minutes.
  • Add rice, water/broth, bay leaf and salt pepper.
  • Bring to boil, lower flame to low and cover.  Cook covered until rice is cooked and most of the liquid is absorbed - about 45-60  minutes. 
Makes about 8 servings.  Delish with a side salad! 
It reminds me of  "comfort food" for gluten free and dairy free peeps. 

Give it a try and let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious! I am definitely going to add this to our meal rotation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds amazing! I'm gonna make that for dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)