About

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Welcome

Signs of spring are everywhere.  All the trees have bright green blooms on them and we have had a few sunny ~ even warm ~ days. 

My hydrangeas are budding too.  Saturday I went out to weed the hydrangea bed.  There weren't all that many weeds (too cold for that), but there are lots of dead maple leaves that collect there in the bed.  I just wanted to clean it up a bit and aerate the soil.  It always looks so fresh and nice when I do.  I also had one hydrangea that has never blossomed.  It was a different variety from the other eight I have planted there. 


I dug out the non-producer and replaced it with one that I bought from Costco.  It's blooming a beautiful pink at the moment, but we have acidic soil so next year, it will likely bloom blue.  I love that!   I sure hope it makes it.  We had some heavy rain yesterday and this plant looks a little droopy.


I also added a bit of color at the front door.  My front porch isn't much but a slab of concrete with two steps, and the space is tight.   I love the look of the urn type planter.  I've wanted one for a long time, but couldn't find what I wanted...usually they were just too big.  This one is perfect.



It just says,
"Welcome to our French cottage...pur et simple."

Won't you join me for a cup of tea or a latte?

No comments:

Post a Comment


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)