About

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A dear friend, Zoe International, and soap

It's been said that if you had only a handful of deep, long-standing friendships rather than hundreds of simple aquaintances, that you would be truly blessed.  Well, I am truly blessed!

I have one friend who has known me longer than I have been married.  We met as brand new campus freshmen at CSUN.  She was from my home town, but actually went to the rival high school.  (Boooo, just kidding.) We hit it right off, the moment we met.  She has been there for me in the highs and lows of life, she has a great sense of humor and contagious smile, and has inspired me in so many ways. 

For example, Karen is one of those people who sees something she likes - say candles - and then decides, "I think I can make these." (Think Yankee candles - only waaaaay better.) Her candles are amazing.  Now she has done this with soap too. 

Her daughter, Emma is preparing to go on a missions trip on May 15th to Thailand.
ZOE International Ministries is a Christian organization with the mission to bring the Good News of Jesus Christ and to make disciples of the un-reached people of the world and to demonstrate God's compassion through rescuing and caring for orphans and children from human trafficking. -Mark 16:15-18, Matthew 28:18-20, Acts 1:8, James 1:27  The facts about human trafficking are staggering and heartbreaking. Please take a moment to read some of the information on ZOE's website.  No doubt this will be a life-changing event for her.  Emma is a an amazing photographer and will be serving there using those skills. You can see Emma's blog here.

To offset the cost of the trip, (though Emma was totally willing to pay for it entirely on her own with her photography money.) Karen is having a
super soap and candle sale - on Friday, May 4th 
I wanted to let you know about it because her candles and soap always sell out in just a few hours! 

Mother's Day is just around the corner! Soap and candles make great Mother's Day gifts, shower gifts, and birthday gifts.  It's nice to have wonderful smelling soap and candles freshening the air in your own home too! 

Even if you already know how to make soap and candles, won't you join me in supporting Emma?  It's always fun to try something new and I promise...you won't be disappointed! 





2 comments:

  1. Awww, this is so sweet of you to post! I hope I will meet some of your friends by your advertisement :-) You're the one who got me addicted to goat milk soap in the first place :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Blanchet, you are so sweet!
    Thank you so much :)
    I really appreciate the time you put into writing this blog! :)

    With love,
    Emma

    ReplyDelete


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)