About

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Fun stuff

One morning as I was helping the little girls make their beds and get dressed in their "pretty" (that is Abigail's word for dress.) doing their hair, it made me think about all the things that make a girl.   As the poem goes, "Sugar and spice and everything nice, that's what little girls are made of..."   I thought to myself, what could I do that would celebrate the joys of girlhood?

This came to mind!

 
I had hoped to have a Valentine tea party just the girls and me, but I didn't want to have it on Valentine's Day because Daniel's birthday is that day.  His birthday trumps Valentine's Day!  Instead of a Valentine tea, I think I'll make it a simple spring tea.
This is the menu that I'm planning...

Cucumber cream cheese tea sandwiches
Raisin Scones with lemon curd 
Flower shaped sugar cookies with light pink sugar
Lemon poppy seed cupcakes
Peppermint and Chamomile tea

Hannah and I are really excited to put this together ~ just special girl time.
What about the boys, you ask?  Secretly, they love when we have tea parties because they like all the things on the menu, and of course each recipe makes more than enough to share!  When we do have it, I'll be sure to post pictures. (I'm thinking Leap Year Day - somthing fun to do on an unusual day.)  I hope to do this regularly!




No comments:

Post a Comment


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)