About

Thursday, February 9, 2012

February is a very busy month for us. We have four birthdays to celebrate, one being on Valentine's Day.  Apparently, the flu bug didn't get the memo on that!
We have been hit hard by this horrible bug.  For the last ten days, I have watched my family drop like flies.  They seem to be just fine, then it starts - they complain of a stomach ache.  Within a couple of hours they are vomiting horribly for the next 6-8 hours.  After that is done, the fever starts, along with an awful headache and body aches for a day.  Not much fun!  I am the only one who has not gotten it.  (Mary didn't experience it the same way, she had other symptoms.)  I don't know how on earth I have escaped this, but by God's grace.  I am still in a holding pattern though - not out of the woods yet. From the start of this, it seemed like it took 48 hours for the next person(s) to come down with it. So, I wait to see.  Uh - the dread of it.  I so don't want to get this!  I am currently drinking a special tea by Traditional Medicinals called Gypsy Cold Care.  The three main herbs in it are elder flower, yarrow flower and peppermint leaf.  According to my friend, who is very knowledgable about herbs, the combination of these three herbs is supposed to really knock out any influenza germs.  Let's pray this works for me! 
   On a lighter note, I thought I'd post a few new photos for you.


Our next little piano player.  I can hardly believe that Mary Anne is 10-1/2 months old already.  She is finally crawling on her hands and knees instead of the commando crawl that she got so good at. She'd much rather eat "big people" food than baby food and voices that very clearly. She has 6 teeth now and her hair is really growing in thick. (at least in the back).  She now waves anytime you take her to a window to look out.  She has such a cute smile and she still has blue eyes!


And Ellie lost her first tooth!


No comments:

Post a Comment


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)