About

Friday, July 29, 2011

Such a sweet gift...



My sweet sister in law, Karen gave me this "Mom Pot" many years ago. It's meant to hold all the gifts of flowers that my little blessings bring me. It's only about 2" tall. I do so love when they open the screen door and say, "Mama, I have flowers for you!"

It's gotten a lot of use over the years, as you can see by the chip on the edge. It usually sits on my kitchen windowsill full of daisies or dandelions. It was sitting empty this morning and it made me think of this verse from the Bible. "But now, O Lord, Thou art our Father, We are the clay, and Thou our potter; and all of us are the work of Thy hand." Isaiah 64:8. Which led me to think of this verse, "Now in a large house there are not only gold and silver vessels, but also vessels of wood and of earthenware, and some to honor and some to dishonor. Therefore, if a man cleanses himself from these things, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work." 2 Timothy 2:20-21. My chipped Mom Pot reminds me that I am not perfect. In fact, I am a sinner saved by God's grace. The day I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior, I became that vessel that could be sanctified and useful to My Maker! S0 this little gift reminds me of Karen, my little treasures of my children and the biggest treasure of all - my salvation! I pray I will always be a "vessel of honor, sanctified, and useful to My Maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)