About

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Mary


Before I get started, I feel like I need to say that I am not in a season of life that affords me much blogging time.  It's not affording me much photography time either.  While I am mindful of composition and lighting when I shoot, these photos were mostly for record keeping.  

. . . . . . .

So this happened recently. 


Mary is so funny.  She was given these silly, glass-less glasses when she was staying with my friend, when Hannah was in Harborview.  She wears them everyday!


Ellie made up the letter board.  Funny how she thinks of Mary as her baby too.

 I am so blessed by the sibling bonds in our family.
// also, first thing in the morning photos are...well, tolerated at best.😉//


This girl has some serious turtle love.  Her giggles and smiles with each gift just melted my heart.







When asked what kind of cake she would like, she replied, "A turtle cake!".
"What kind of cake is a turtle cake?"
"Chocolate cake with green frosting and turtles on top."

Gluten free boxed mix from King Arthur Flour.  It was really good.


Spring birthday activities are sometimes weather dependent in Washington.  She was hoping for a zoo day, but we'll do that when the weather is better and the animals will be happy to be out in the warm sunshine.  (and the people too.)  Instead we took a trip to the library and checked out LOTS and LOTS of books. (Thankful that even the youngest ones are understanding of the need to be flexible and also of the healing season for Hannah.) BUT,  both Sarah and Grammy Maria were here staying with us and were able to be here for her birthday. 😊

If you asked me to describe Mary, what comes first to mind is that she is marked by a tender heart and joyful countenance.  She's also imaginative and has crazy names for all her stuffed animals.
She makes us smile and brightens up any room. 

Just like the first child brings the joys of the "firsts", the last one brings nostalgia of the "lasts".  I am really savoring these little years. 

- Carol











No comments:

Post a Comment


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)