About

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

What's Up Wednesday

Hi Friends, 


MelScheaffer and Shay and are hosting What's Up Wednesday, and I thought I 'd join the party.  So here we go...

What we're eating this week...
Eating for us looks different now since we are aware of IBD and food allergies, but I try to make the main thing that everyone can eat and then add sides for others who can eat more. That probably doesn't make any sense the way I said that, but here is this week's menu plan anyway. 
  • Butternut squash soup with biscuits
  • Simple baked chicken drumsticks, steamed brussel sprouts, quinoa.
  • Pork Chops with pomegranate-molasses sauce, baked apples and pears, salad
  • Baked ziti, salad 
  • Proscuitto and goat cheese pizza, salad
  • Seared mahimahi with grilled asparagus, rice

What I'm Reminiscing about...  
That time in Maui a few years ago.  It's kind of always in the back of my mind.  :-) 
Aloha!  



What I'm loving... 
I know I've mentioned it before, but I am loving chai tea with steamed coconut milk. 
I found this decaf version of Oregon Chai.  Yay!  Sweet and spicy and just the right thing for autumn.

Also - homemade pumpkin butter for the kids to put on biscuits or toast. 

My super simple recipe... 
2 c. pumpkin puree 
1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
heaping 1/8 teaspoon cloves, 
1/4 c. sugar. 
Heat until thickened.  Easy peasy and so good.



What we've been up to...
Mostly school.  Art has been super fun.  We made color collages. (Warm colors on one side and cool on the other.) 
*Homeschooling tip:  I called our dentist and asked what they did with all their old magazines.  She said they just throw them away and did I want them? 
Um, YES, please!  Some we used, some we didn't, for obvious reasons. 

Last Friday Danielle Walker was at a local Costco.   Hannah and I headed over to meet her and grab her new book!   I have her other two cookbooks and love her style, but now having met her, I admire her even more.  She was so cheerful and approachable.  




What I'm dreading...
flying on an airplane with Eric, but not having seats next to each other!  :-(


What I'm working on...
I've been working on something fun!  ... I'm making a new line of candles with hopes to make them available on the blog - in time for Christmas gift giving. 
They are 100% natural, soy wax candles scented with essential oils.  They smell sooooo good and burn clean.



What I"m Excited about...
Coffee roasting school!  Oh my gosh, can you believe it?  The needle of the compass is pointing in a new direction, and we couldn't be more excited about the possibilities the future holds. 



What I'm reading...
I love to read, but I don't have tons of time to do it. This book was recommended by a dear friend, and it has been really encouraging.  It has been a good reminder to persevere even when answers are not immediate.

And this!  :-)




What I'm listening to...




What I'm wearing...
I love these boots! I bought them with some birthday money, and I wear them any chance I get. 


What I'm doing this weekend...
I'm heading to Colorado to help my brother move.  He's bought a fabulous home, which I am so excited to see in person.  Moving is so stressful an "adventure", and I'm thankful Eric and I can lend a hand, and be a blessing.  


Looking forward to next month. 
A visit from my bestie!  Totally doing the happy dance!
'cept our new selfie will be with beanies and coats, but who cares! ;-)


What else is new...
a new doctor for Hannah.  We found one we really liked, but she felt Hannah's case was beyond her scope of knowledge so she has referred us to an ND that specializes in gastroenterology.
Perhaps soon we will have more pieces to the puzzle, and some relief for my girl.  


~ Carol


P.S. If you liked this kind of post, join in.  What's Up Wednesday is the last Wednesday of each month.  You can read others posts by clicking on the links above to read theirs, but scroll down for the link up and you can read others' too.  :-)

5 comments:

  1. Those boots are so cute! And your menu for this week looks delicious! I might have to borrow some ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Reba,
      Yes, please borrow all the ideas you would like. Most of the menu ideas are taken from the Auto Immune Paleo Book by Mickey Trescott or from The Paleo Approach Cookbook by Sarah Ballantyne.
      Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you will again. :-)
      Carol

      Delete
  2. I liked this post! (: <3 AND I CAN"T WAIT FOR AUNTIE K TO COME!!! XD
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always funny to see your own face while scrolling your friend's blog...hehe! I am SO excited to come and I want a pic of us in RAINBOOTS (now that I actually own some!) And ... maybe you WILL get to sit next to Eric! Just let the airline attendant know -they can usually work it out! Have a good trip and I'll see you SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)