About

Friday, November 20, 2015

My remedy

Here we are, one week out from Thanksgiving.  Time is blowing by, and I feel like I am trying to hold on for dear life.  (A little like Piglet holding on to his kite string in a blustery storm.  "Oh, dear....Oh, deary dear!")  
I can't quite figure out what is making me feel this way.   We have purposed over the years to keep things simple and the calendar uncluttered, though it, admittedly has been fuller of late.  And these next few days... a blur of activity, for sure. It's happy activity, though.

Anyway, I don't want to complain.  I don't want to whine.  That is so unbecoming.  
My remedy? 
Give thanks!  

"Praise the Lord! 
Oh Give Thanks to the Lord, for He is Good; His lovingkindness is everlasting." 
-Psalm 106:1

I am thankful for the Lord
that He is good
He is loving 
and that His love will never go away.

I am thankful for the ways He meets our every need.
our beautiful home
that it is warm, and safe and dry
bountiful choices at our meal table
that nourish body and soul.

I am thankful for the little blessings - the unnecessary things, but the things that make life a little sweeter
good coffee
cozy blankets
and a warm fire in the wood stove
a washer and dryer in my home
new furniture.

I am thankful for the big blessings too
safety
clean water
hot showers
freedom
health and healthcare

I am thankful for homeschooling
and the time it affords with my children.
the privilege to be their teacher
to witness and share in their successes and 
support and encourage them in their challenges.

I am thankful for friends 
for kind words 
for thoughtful gestures
for laughter

I am thankful for my family.
the ones far away (this blog's for you) 
the ones we will see soon (so excited)
the ones close by (shopping dates)
the ones closest to me - within these walls - the ones that love me and forgive me tirelessly.

Really - I am overwhelmed with thankfulness.
And when I stop to think about all I have to be thankful for ~ it leaves no room for complaint.  



I shall try to not be gone so long.  :-)

1 comment:


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)