About

Sunday, May 24, 2015

More EO stuff...

My order from Eden's Garden arrived!
I decided to buy these two sets.
 

The "Create Your Own Set" is ideal because you get to choose six oils each 10 ml. size. 
I like to be able to have single oils on hand for specific ailments.  For example: for an upset tummy, peppermint can be used. 
Most, but not all from her selection of oils are available for this kit.
 
The "Synergy Blends Set" also contains six blends each 10 ml. size. 
When essential oils are blended, their individual properties can be greatly enhanced.  The "synergy" between the oils become much more powerful than individual oils.  Blends are usually created to promote specific benefits such as for relaxing, alertness, and even respiratory problems.

 
So now the question is,  "How do I store my essential oils?"
 
Essential oils should be stored in a cool, dry, dark place.
{Not a bathroom that is bright, hot, and steamy!}
 
I saw a wooden case that I really liked.  It was divided up to hold each oil in its own little space.  It looked nice.
 
A friend recommended this case. 
 
 
At first I didn't like it for several reasons, the first one being cost.  It is almost double the cost of the wooden box.  The second reason was that I thought it wouldn't hold its shape well unless it was completely full.  Lastly, I thought it might get dirty quickly, and I just preferred the look of the wooden box.
 
My friend was convinced I'd really like this one so she brought hers to church to show me.
Her reasons for liking this one over the wooden box were that she liked that it was portable with a handle so she could carry it upstairs, downstairs or even pack along in the car, if needed.
She also liked that it closed securely with a zipper instead of a small latch {which in the reviews said it broke easily.}
It too is divided into sections, but each is padded giving each bottle protection.
 
This particular case holds 42 oils and costs just about $40
 

She was right.  I do love it.  It's compact and fits inside my dresser drawer.  {I am not a clutter bug.} I have both doTerra 15 ml bottles and my new Eden's Garden 10 ml bottles inside.  { The top two rows plus the one in the third row are single oils - alphabetical. 
The bottom two rows are blends - alphabetical} The top two larger sections would hold 6 bottles in each.

If you check on Amazon there are other padded cases.  Some hold larger bottles, some are travel size, some are cute colors.  I would just recommend that your bottles be stored upright instead of on their sides.

How do you store your essential oils?



2 comments:

  1. I would love to hear your review of them once you start using them! I have my oils and oil supplies in a utensil drawer in my closet! I like it because I can keep everything separated... current oils, empty roller bottles and sample bottles, unopened oils, pre made roller bottles and blends, and then misc. oils stuff! I'm super curious about the aphrodisiac blend! How does it smell?? Sounds like a perfect one for candles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are way ahead of me in terms of supplies and such. Your idea of a utensil drawer to separate everything is so smart!
    The aphrodisiac blend contains: jasmine, lavender, patchouli, sandalwood, sweet orange and ylang ylang. It's suggested for a bubble bath, massage or diffused in the room. Candles would add ambiance - that's a great idea!
    I have read that both patchouli and ylang ylang have the aphrodisiac effect.
    It's a nice smell. I tried to figure out what was in it (before reading the label) you get hints of the lavender and orange...I think.

    ReplyDelete


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)