About

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Twenty-Fifteen!

a fresh slate 
new ideas
new determination
new dreams
new hopes

At the stroke of midnight, a new year unfolded. Icy cold air that shows our every breath, clear skies showcasing God's artistry with twinkling stars and the Big Dipper, a few fireworks, and a friend or two helped us ring in the new year.

There is always something exciting to me about the start of a new year. 
I am encouraged.  In areas where I may have failed in the previous year, there are renewed chances for me to try again, tweak, and improve.
 
My determination to excel still more is boosted by a new starting point.

Sometimes a dream or a thought like, "Wouldn't it be fun if we could _________" turns into an amazing adventure which creates cherished memories for a lifetime.  

Hopes put to prayer receive direction.

Are you a New Year's resolution maker?  A goal setter?  I am.  I need some sort of marker for me to keep my eye on, otherwise, I get a bit distracted.  Life zooms by spinning me around,  
much like the Looney Tunes character, Wile E Coyote would in the wake of the Road Runner.
Goals and resolutions help me to keep "Staying Intentional" at the forefront of my mind.

So - here are a few of mine, some recurring, some new.
  • Read my Bible through in a year - using this Bible Plan.  {Same goal as years past, but using a new plan.} 
  • "Some people mark their Bibles, but they seldom let their Bibles mark them."  I want to continue to grow in my faith, proved by the actions.
  • Learn the ins and outs of my camera and take excellent photographs.
  • Blog consistently, as this is my way to share with family.
  • Eat clean, mostly*.  Help my family to do the same....and like it.
  • Bake cookies regularly with my Little Helpers.   {*Because every kitchen should have homemade cookies!}
Now I just need to map out the steps, specifically, scheduling the time and guarding it.

. . . . . 

Just a note of thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comments. They are a real encouragement to me. 

Happy New Year.  Happy 2015!
 







No comments:

Post a Comment


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)