About

Thursday, October 23, 2014

First things first

It is quite dark now in the early morning hours, and there is a chill about the house too. 
Although my body would love to stay inside my soft, warm bed and savor more sleep,
my soul yearns for a different kind of comfort.
 
 
"The human heart does not replenish itself with sleep.  The body does, but not the heart...
we replenish our hearts not with sleep, but with the Word of God and prayer." 
- John Piper
 
We all know that life can be hard, and relationships can get messy.

But Scripture brings clarity to my otherwise blurred vision.
It reminds me that there is joy in spite of circumstances,
and thankfulness to always be expressed to a great God, who has all in His control,
and wisdom to be found, if only I would ask.


I cherish the quiet time I have in the morning to renew my mind and soften my heart. 
 I've learned something about myself over the years....  I need a lot of sleep,
but I need God more!
. . . . .
 
 

"Satisfy me in the morning with your unfailing love
that I may sing for joy and be glad all my days."
Psalm 90:14
 
"I will cry to God Most High.  To God who accomplishes all things for me."
Psalm 57:2
 
"Sing to Him, sing praises to Him; speak of all His wonders.  Glory in His holy name; let the heart of those who seek the Lord be glad.  Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face continually.  Remember His wonders which He has done."
Psalm 105:2-5

No comments:

Post a Comment


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)