About

Monday, July 8, 2013

New on our little farm

Two little brothers joined our farm today.




Aren't they the cutest?  They are so soft too!  This was the first kidding for this doe {Sydney} and she did great - no help needed from me {WHEW!} 
Mama and babies are doing very well.  She is very attentive {sometimes the new mama is clueless as to what to do with them} and both little boys have been able to nurse {crucial in the first hour or so}.

Today was her due date.  This morning when Matthew was moving the goats to a different pasture, he checked in on her.  No babies then, but definite signs it would be today. 

About an hour or so later I went to go check on her and the dark one had already been born.  I called to Ellie and Abbie, who were playing outside to come see.  He was probably about 5-10 minutes old.  We watched as he wobbled a bit trying to stand, mama still licking him clean. 

After the birth of the first one, Sydney continued to lie down and get up, and lie back down - usually a sign there is another coming.  Ellie, Abbie and I were able to see the second one be born and praise the Lord together for the miracle of new life!  It's just amazing.

7 comments:

  1. Aww they are the sweetest little things! Even though I don't really like bigger goats any more (well... I do, yet I don't) the babies are just so cute!!! Can't wait to hear the names!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You missed it just by a day. You've gotta come see them.

      Delete
    2. I did, couldn't believe it. =) I would love to see them! Hopefully we'll have our next sewing day soon, and I can see them then. =)

      Delete
    3. Maybe sooner than you think. ;-)

      As for names.... In and Out {yep, as in the burgers}

      Delete
    4. haha, yea a LOT sooner than I thought! Thanks so much for having me over, again. =) I've really enjoyed being over at your house. It's always a blast!

      I actually think those names are cute, even if it implies what their destiny is. =)

      Delete


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)