About

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Christmas is coming

Do you like advent calendars? 
 
 I remember fondly, as a little girl having an Advent calendar taped to my bedroom door and my mom tenderly helping my chubby fingers open each door to see the newly revealed picture of the Christmas story. 

This "Perfect Advent Calendar" is a little different.
Inside are numbered envelopes and 30 cards with ideas of things to do for each day during advent.
{30 so that you can pick and choose what works best for your family.}

 
It takes a little bit of preparation, but not too much. Mostly it takes looking through the cards along side your calendar to figure out and plan the best times to do them.  For example, one card says to watch a Christmas movie as a family with popcorn and snacks.  Another says to go for a drive to look at Christmas lights.    
Once you have decided on when you want to do that activity, then you place the folded card into the numbered envelope.

 
 Most of the activities are either free or of low cost. I plan to post about each one as we do them.  

 
Matt helped me string up all the cards over our front window. The younger kids were SO EXCITED! 
It's our only decoration up at the moment.


This is how I am wrapping gifts this year. I bought a few rolls of plain brown packing paper at the Dollar Store and bought pretty ribbon at the local craft store. I love how they look - simple and sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)