About

Monday, April 2, 2012

Gluten free fun


I was at the library today with Ellie.  Each time we visit, after we are done reading and choosing books for her, we look down the cookbook isle.  Look what I found!! 



Living gluten free-dairy free is challenging, but I have found that breakfast is by far the most challenging.  No pancakes, no waffles, no toast, no donuts, no muffins, no quiche, pretty much nothing baked...until now!! 
Erin McKenna has a cute writing style and this book {Baby Cakes Covers the Classics} is loaded with delicious-looking recipes. I can't wait to try her donuts.  She uses a donut pan, which I don't have.  I have seen them at Target and I will pick one up next time I am there.  I like that the donuts are baked instead of fried, for messiness sake (or not)!  Tomorrow, I will make her oatmeal raisin cookies.  Oatmeal raisin are my favorite - so if they pass my taste test, then I will definitely buy her book. 


I bought this one {Gluten Free Cupcakes} for Hannah for Christmas.  She made the chocolate cupcakes the other day.  They tasted really good and had a nice texture.  They were a tad on the dry side, but when I read the recipe, I noticed that there was no oil in it.  Next time, I think I'll have her add 1/4 cup - 1/3 cup oil or applesauce.

I have a friend who is a total foodie.  She's the type who strolls the isles of Whole Foods looking for unusual ingredients, all the while thinking, "I wonder what I could make with this?"
Next thing you know, she's got some fabulous recipe that she has created posted on her blogYep, she did it again - coconut baked chicken.
I am always in awe of people like that.  Me?  I need a recipe to follow. 

She also sent me a link to a blog she found.  Comfy belly, is now on my blog roll.  She has tons of gf recipes!  :-)

Fun in our kitchen is in our very near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)