About

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Just like Grandma's!


These biscuits are SOOO good! I love biscuits that are big and fluffy and these are just that.
My favorite aunt, who gave me this recipe, is from New England. She claims that these biscuits "partner well with chowdah, stew, and baked beans". This is true. They are a wonderful addition to a supper dish, but I like to make them for breakfast and serve them with honey or jam. DELICIOUS!
I'm going to share the recipe with you, I promise - you will love them.

Sift together:
2 cups of flour
2-1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
Add 1 heaping Tbsp. shortening (I use non-hydrogenated from Spectrum)
Add enough milk to stir to soft dough (about 3/4 cup)
Bake 10-12 minutes @ 500 degrees.
Yields about 6 large biscuits.

1 comment:

  1. What?? White flour??? :-) These look yummy - will try soon!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)