About

Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

I just couldn't let today go by without saying how thankful I am that Christ died for me! This day in history - Good Friday. One wouldn't normally call a day someone died as "good", but this someone was Jesus - Emmanuel (God with us). Only He could accomplish paying my debt to God for my sinful, wretched self. He died in my place. The Bible says, " For the wages of sin is death" (I have sinned and so I must die.)...but the rest of the verse says, "BUT the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 6:23) Christ took the place for me by his death on the cross. I now have eternal life because I believe He is God, He died to take away my sin, I am forgiven. All the "good things" I do in this life do not get me to heaven, but it is His finished work on the cross that accomplishes that. "It is by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
I am so thankful for 2 things (well countless things, but 2 related to this...) 1. He did what He did because He loves me (For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. (John 3:16) AND 2. there is hope because in 3 days we will celebrate His resurrection. He is alive. He is Risen - JUST AS HE SAID!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


I always look forward to reading your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave one. :-)